Engine 65 and Truck 24 were organized April 23, 1926, in a new station at 54th Street and Haverford Avenue in West Philadelphia. Rescue 3-A was placed in service in the station during 1951. On April 8, 1952 Rescue 3-A moved to Engine 41’s firehouse. During 1957 Rescue 3-A was renamed Rescue 9. They moved back to Engine 54 on March 23, 1959, the same day Ladder 24 moved in with Engine 41. Engine 65 was disbanded on Saturday, June 18, 1988. Rescue 9 was moved to Engine 57’s station the same day Engine 65 was closed. The station still stands now operating as a community center.